Businesses relocate and leave their office buildings for many different reasons. It may be through expanding and needing a larger space. It can include downsizing because of virtual work or even going out of business. Sometimes, it is time to replace old, worn furniture. The reasons may differ, but each company faces the same dilemma – what to do with all the unwanted desks, chairs, tables, and cubicle walls.
Additionally, how do you handle the office decommissioning if your company is moving? The professionals at The Quality Group know what needs to be done to ensure your furniture is removed and things left in better condition than when you moved in! Depend on our excellent office decommissioning services.
What You Need to Know about Office Decommissioning
Leases have specific requirements when vacating a property. Typically, you must leave it in as good of a condition or better than when you moved in. Actions in your lease that you may be obligated to handle include:
- Breaking down and removing furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FFE). The Quality Group comes in and efficiently takes down all workstations with care. Our goal is to keep them in great shape, either for your move to a new office or for recycling.
- Removing confidential information from electronics and furniture. You want to ensure none of your customers’ or employees’ personal information is inadvertently left behind. This can be through computers or file cabinets that will not be moving with you.
- Removing all data and voice cabling. You need to check that you leave no cables anywhere, either running across the floor or dangling from the ceiling.
- Cleaning all areas. This is more than a simple sweeping of the floors. It includes wiping down walls, scrubbing kitchens and bathrooms, and taking out the trash.
- Repairing damaged areas. Holes in the walls—they just happen! You are responsible for ensuring walls, floors, ceilings, or windows are patched or replaced as set out in your lease.
- Canceling vendor services. Think about those ‘little things’ that kept the office running, such as coffee service, janitorial, water, and plant maintenance.
Decommissioning Made Easier
The Quality Group offers premier office decommissioning services. Our highly-trained professionals take great care to disassemble your office furniture so that it can be reused or recycled. Additionally, we can handle the removal of all your cables. Our full-service team can accomplish all of this and more, such as:
- Relocation services – let us pack your office up, move it, and unpack it. You won’t skip a beat with your workload.
- Onsight consultations – we help you plan your decommissioning project to ensure you meet your leasing requirements.
- Disposal services – Have furniture you don’t want to take with you? We can remove it and take care of recycling.
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our decommissioning services. Contact us online or stop by one of our offices in Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, LA, to get a free quote.