Moving a commercial office is already a huge undertaking, but medical facilities are much more challenging. These offices and laboratories have delicate instruments and equipment that must be handled with care. You need to know that your medical office moving experience goes off without a hitch, especially when you have patients depending on you. The Quality Group has the expertise to meticulously pack up your equipment, office furniture, and files, transport them, and unpack them effortlessly. We will have your new office ready quickly so you can serve your patients. Having a checklist ensures you have a seamless transition.
Medical Office Moving Checklist
If you are considering relocating your practice or another medical facility, use this checklist to keep you on task:
- Find the right new location: Not every office for lease is beneficial to a medical practice. Sometimes it makes sense to build from scratch. To aid you in your search, consider utilizing the services of a commercial real estate broker specializing in medical spaces. They’re better equipped to understand a medical practice’s unique needs and requirements.
- Choose a quality medical office moving company: Do not try to move your laboratory on your own. Trained professionals understand how to disassemble sensitive equipment, pack it, and safely move it to the new location. They can also handle the relocation of other equipment like exam tables, office furniture, workstations, and IT equipment.
- Order new printed materials: You need appointment cards, prescription pads, and letterhead with your new address. You will probably need new signage, too. Work with a quality printer a couple of months ahead of time to ensure you have what you need when you are in the new facility.
- Notify vendors and payees of the address change: It’s wise to make a list of who you need to alert to your address change. For example, you need to notify Medicare, Medicaid, and In-Network providers. Other vendors need to know where your new office is, including attorneys, bankers, insurance representatives, medical waste disposal, and billing services.
- Prepare patients for the move: This step requires several different ways of notifying your patients. You can start with signs in and around your current office. You may add a notice to your phone greeting or publish a statement in the local newspaper. Additional notifications include email, mail, website, social media accounts, and in-person appointments.
Make the Move Easy – Choose Reliable Medical Office Movers
Take the time to thoroughly plan your medical office move and seek out the services of The Quality Group. Our team is well-trained and ready to handle your medical office moving process. We have the experience to handle all aspects of your relocation, including managing the entire moving operation. Contact us today for more information.
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our medical office moving services. Contact us online or stop by one of our offices in Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, LA, to get a free quote.