Laboratories provide researchers and medical professionals the space needed for investigating germs, viruses, cures for cancer, and many other critical scientific research functions. As the world of science continues to broaden its horizons, more and more labs will need additional space to conduct their research. Decommissioning one lab and moving to a larger one requires a lot of planning and care. Nobody wants to lose years of research due to poor planning!
You don’t have to skip a beat in your research plans when you hire the experts at The Quality Group for your next laboratory moving event. Our staff dedicates their professional lives to ensuring our clients get the best service possible.
Keep these Considerations in Mind before Moving Your Laboratory
It might be exciting but also a bit nerve-wracking to relocate your lab. The difference is in how you prepare for the move. When planning, keep these considerations in mind:
- Focus on the Details: Nothing can be left unchecked. This is years, possibly decades, of research at stake. It’s irreplaceable. Your best bet in making this transition as smooth as possible is to hire a professional laboratory moving company like The Quality Group.
- Depend on a Project Manager: When your expertise is in research, why spend precious time managing move? A project manager can handle the relocation’s planning, preparation, and logistics so you and your team can continue to focus on your research activities.
- Understand the Challenges: You need to understand the new environment in which your lab is moving. What will be shared equipment? Will there be proper mechanical, electrical, and plumbing infrastructures in place? How do you know your specimens will be handled correctly?
Simple Suggestions to Ease the Transition
Knowing what you are up against with your new location is a significant factor in a successful move. Here are four tips to help you with this transition:
- Determine Your Internal Team: Decide who will be involved with the move. Yes, everyone is affected, but assigning certain team members specific tasks can be integral to a successful move.
- Identify a Backup Freezer: Some laboratories have specimens that must be kept in cold storage. If something goes awry during the move, having a backup freezer will save you time and reduce the stress of losing valuable assets.
- Hire a Qualified Company to Move Sensitive Equipment: Not everyone is qualified to move sensitive lab equipment. Don’t risk losing thousands of dollars and countless hours because you hired amateurs or a general handyman service.
- Chain of Command Matters: It’s common to have a chain-of-command system in place for everyday activities. It’s even more vital during a move, including having an escort.
Rely on an Experienced Laboratory Moving Company
Choose The Quality Team for your next medical, pharmaceutical, or research laboratory move. We have the experience to handle your unique moving needs. Experience outstanding service from the first contact and leave the rest of your move to us. Don’t leave years of research to chance.
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our laboratory moving service. Contact us online or stop by one of our offices in Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, LA, to get a free quote.
Moving an office can be stressful and hectic. With all the different facets of relocating, it’s easy to overlook one of the exciting parts—the setup. Setting up a new office is like having a blank canvas you can create a masterpiece with. Now is the chance to maximize functionality of your space and encourage more productivity for your team. Sometimes though, the blank canvas can be intimidating. Hiring the services of a professional moving company like The Quality Group takes the pressure off of you because the years of experience working to your advantage.
Designing your new office doesn’t need to be frustrating or overwhelming. The Quality Group understands the nuances of effective commercial space planning. We handle all aspects to make your move simpler. Our professionals come in, take measurements, and provide you with a layout to fit your company’s needs.
How to Gain Effective Use of a New Office When Planning
Embrace your new office location by following these six tips:
- Ask Your Team for Input: There are many different approaches to setting up a new office space. Asking for input from those that regularly use the area gives you insight on how to make better use of the space. Do they want stand-up desks? Do some need new ergonomic chairs? They will let you know.
- Make Comfort a Priority: You and your employees spend at least 40 hours a week working so why not make it comfortable? Look into furniture that supports people’s physical needs. For example, invest in desk chairs with several adjustment options to fit different heights, weights, and shapes. Consider the existing natural lighting options and add fixtures where needed.
- Look into the New Space’s Capacity: One practical aspect of office space planning is the capacity of the actual space. How many employees can it fit comfortably? The answer to this question will determine if you can do an open concept or if cubicles are needed.
- Consider Existing Fixtures: What is already in the new location? Where are the restrooms and fire extinguishers located? What about steps, entryways, and windows? Many of these cannot be moved, so your new plans need to consider these fixtures.
- Remember Government Requirements: Each municipality has specific regulations that affect how an office can be set up. These include blocking fire exits, installing ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) power outlets, and more.
- Hire a Professional Office Space Planner: Why add more to your work load when you can pull in the services of an experienced office space planner? The Quality Group will assess your new location, talk with you about your needs, and create a plan to make your team happy.
Choose the Best in Commercial Space Planning
Make your move simple. Hire The Quality Group to design an efficient workspace for your team. We have the experience you can trust to ensure your new office is set up with your company’s needs in mind. Learn why companies across Mississippi and Louisiana seek our services!
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our commercial space planning service. Contact us online or stop by one of our offices in Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, LA, to get a free quote.
Is your business ready to move its offices? Have you been put in charge of overseeing the move? Taking on the responsibilities of moving an office in addition to your regular duties may leave you overworked and frustrated. You may not realize that you must schedule elevator time or that the move must be made after hours. If not done strategically, you may find that your co-workers are almost as stressed as you from their lack of productivity.
You can quickly stave off a mutiny if you work smarter and not harder. So, when your manager requests that you head up this monumental task, hire an office move project manager from The Quality Group. We have the experience you require to ensure things run smoothly. Your boss and co-workers will be glad you did.
4 Reasons You Need an Office Move Project Manager
A project manager’s primary goal is to keep all of the cogs of a project turning and moving smoothly for their client. To better understand how hiring a project manager for your office move will save your sanity, consider these reasons:
- They Work Closely with Facility Managers to Increase Job Efficiency: A project manager will know the intricacies of moving to a downtown location versus other types of moves. They work with the managers of other facilities to ensure they have the details in place to communicate to other vendors. For example, they will provide all members with the necessary security clearance to enter buildings.
- They Will Collaborate with Vendors at Your New Space: Using a project manager to organize your facility’s relocation also entails knowing if other vendors are adequately insured. The last thing you want is for your company to be sued because you didn’t realize your electricians were underinsured when an accident happened.
- They Save You Time and Limit the Red Tape: You don’t have to spend time on the phone or responding to emails and texts while trying to coordinate employees, vendors, office furniture installers, and more. Your project manager will handle streamlining the process.
- They Will Save You Money: Hiring a project manager may seem expensive until you add up the cost savings they provide. For instance, because they know the process and work with vendors, you face less downtime from delays. Also, they can suggest office configurations to keep the flow of work fluid.
Make Moving Simpler – Hire an Experienced Project Manager
Avoid additional stress and delays when moving your office by hiring a project manager from The Quality Group. We work with you to make your relocation smooth by learning your needs, creating a detailed plan, designing a layout for your new space, and organizing all moving activities. You will enjoy having one point of contact instead of being the point of contact for dozens of other people. Contact us today to learn more!
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to discuss our project management services for your office move. Contact us online or stop by one of our offices in Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, LA, to get a free quote.
As companies grow or close down, the amount of office space they require changes. In all cases, it generally means moving. You have options for getting furniture and equipment from one location to another. Most companies will enlist the services of qualified professional movers. It makes sense to work with a company that understands your needs and can quickly move your entire office in a matter of days or weeks.
What about the office you leave behind? Is there anything you need to be aware of? Absolutely! Look at the fine print of your lease, and you may discover a list of items you must handle before you vacate the premises. This process calls for decommissioning services, and discerning office managers look to the professionals at The Quality Group for assistance.
3 Questions You Should Ask When Decommissioning Your Office
If you are the ‘lucky’ one in your office who gets to handle office decommissioning, you have much to cover. To ensure everything goes well, it’s helpful to educate yourself and ask these questions:
- Why Is Decommissioning So Important? The lease that was signed when your company moved in has stipulations for when you move out. In short, you need to leave your building in the same condition as you found it. Sometimes, it is defined as “broom-swept”. Some contracts entail removing wiring and wall patching, as well as repair work.
- How Do You Conduct Office Decommissioning? Your best first step is to look for a company offering decommissioning services, such as what you will find at The Quality Group. They can help you decipher what is required in your contract, take inventory of belongings and take measurements of your new location. They can also pack your office, move equipment and belongings, and set up at the new site.
- What Do You Do with Unwanted Office Furniture? Some moves include obtaining new furniture at the new place. Something needs to be done with the old furniture, but many don’t want to throw office chairs and desks out if they can be used elsewhere. The Quality Group understands this and works to help sustainably dispose of office furniture.
Leave Office Decommissioning to the Trusted Experts
There are many more questions you need to ask. The team from The Quality Group can answer them all. For over 30 years, we have built our reputation around ensuring our clients have effortless moves. To ensure that, we focus on these critical areas:
- Continual training for our moving technicians
- Being fully insured and licensed
- Using our experience to handle just about any hiccup that may come
- Relieving our clients of packing and moving stress with our full-service packages
- Being professional, courteous, and providing excellent service to each client
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 for help planning and executing your office decommissioning. Contact us online for more information about our decommissioning services and our medical and commercial moving services in New Orleans, Jackson, MS, and Baton Rouge, LA, for your convenience.