Relocating an office requires planning and forethought. It can be exciting and stressful at the same time. Packing all the knickknacks on desks is the easy part. There are still chairs, files, desks, computers, and plenty of electrical devices that need attending to. Businesses depend on technology to accomplish their everyday duties. Computers, printers, and copiers are important equipment need to handle the daily tasks of running the company. Because of their importance, great care should be taken to ensure your electronics arrive safely. The professional commercial movers in Baton Rouge at The Quality Group can help you with that by packing up your delicate pieces of equipment, transporting them, and unpacking them.
Suggestions for Packing Your Office Equipment
If you choose to pack up your computers, copiers, and other electronics, utilize these suggestions to reduce potential damage:
- Review the owner’s manual. Remember that handy little book you probably didn’t read? It is full of helpful information for safe storage and packing. It will give guidelines about moisture, outside temperature, and exposure to sunlight.
- Back up data. Before powering down your computer in preparation for the move, it makes sense to back up all data to the cloud or on an external hard drive. If the equipment gets damaged, you can still access vital data.
- Remove batteries and ink cartridges. Batteries can overheat, corrode, or leak during a relocation. It’s a good idea to pull out all batteries and put them in a safe place until you unpack. It’s also important to remove ink cartridges from printers to keep them from potential damage.
- Color code unplugged cables. Even if the designated individual on your team has an excellent memory, it can be frustrating trying to hook computers back up after the move. Using color coding can ease this frustration.
- Grab the vacuum. Keep dust from getting trapped in crevices during the move by vacuuming keyboards and fan vents.
- Wrap things up. After all this prep work, grab bubble wrap or towels to wrap up your electronics. It’s a good idea to cover vents and fans with a piece of paper. This will prevent loose particles from infiltrating the openings.
- Pack up the electronics. Ideally, you will want to pack your equipment in its original boxes. If those are unavailable, use sturdy boxes and pack things tightly to prevent shifting.
Commercial Movers Make Transporting Electronics Simple
Take the stress out of your office move when you enlist the services of The Quality Group. Our team of professionals has the experience and knowledge needed to come in, pack up everything, move it, and unpack it safely. We can even plan and manage your move from Day One to Day Done. Give us a call today!
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to book our commercial movers in Baton Rouge. You can also contact us online or stop by our office to get a free quote.
Moving a commercial office is already a huge undertaking, but medical facilities are much more challenging. These offices and laboratories have delicate instruments and equipment that must be handled with care. You need to know that your medical office moving experience goes off without a hitch, especially when you have patients depending on you. The Quality Group has the expertise to meticulously pack up your equipment, office furniture, and files, transport them, and unpack them effortlessly. We will have your new office ready quickly so you can serve your patients. Having a checklist ensures you have a seamless transition.
Medical Office Moving Checklist
If you are considering relocating your practice or another medical facility, use this checklist to keep you on task:
- Find the right new location: Not every office for lease is beneficial to a medical practice. Sometimes it makes sense to build from scratch. To aid you in your search, consider utilizing the services of a commercial real estate broker specializing in medical spaces. They’re better equipped to understand a medical practice’s unique needs and requirements.
- Choose a quality medical office moving company: Do not try to move your laboratory on your own. Trained professionals understand how to disassemble sensitive equipment, pack it, and safely move it to the new location. They can also handle the relocation of other equipment like exam tables, office furniture, workstations, and IT equipment.
- Order new printed materials: You need appointment cards, prescription pads, and letterhead with your new address. You will probably need new signage, too. Work with a quality printer a couple of months ahead of time to ensure you have what you need when you are in the new facility.
- Notify vendors and payees of the address change: It’s wise to make a list of who you need to alert to your address change. For example, you need to notify Medicare, Medicaid, and In-Network providers. Other vendors need to know where your new office is, including attorneys, bankers, insurance representatives, medical waste disposal, and billing services.
- Prepare patients for the move: This step requires several different ways of notifying your patients. You can start with signs in and around your current office. You may add a notice to your phone greeting or publish a statement in the local newspaper. Additional notifications include email, mail, website, social media accounts, and in-person appointments.
Make the Move Easy – Choose Reliable Medical Office Movers
Take the time to thoroughly plan your medical office move and seek out the services of The Quality Group. Our team is well-trained and ready to handle your medical office moving process. We have the experience to handle all aspects of your relocation, including managing the entire moving operation. Contact us today for more information.
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our medical office moving services. Contact us online or stop by one of our offices in Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, LA, to get a free quote.
Running an office is hard work. There are office supplies to keep on top of, employees to manage, and customers to support. At some point, your company may consider relocating to a better part of town or to meet space needs. The pandemic showed many companies that some employees can do all their work from home. That discovery resulted in some businesses moving to different office spaces to accommodate flexible scheduling and maximize their space rental budgets.
The Quality Group has helped many enterprises readjust where they do business. As preferred office movers in New Orleans, we understand the process and the decisions that go into undertaking this type of operation. As the popularity of remote work increases, we support our customers in all their commercial moving needs.
3 Questions to Ask Before Relocating Your Office
Moving an office is a massive project that you shouldn’t undertake without some forethought and strategy. As more people come back to the office and companies establish hybrid work situations, it may be time for your business to take the plunge and relocate. Before you do, take a moment with your team to answer these questions:
- Will you have to break an existing lease? Start by researching the specifics of your lease. What’s the earliest date you can move without breaking leasing obligations? Is subleasing to another occupant an option, keeping in mind that you will still be accountable for fixing any damage from a sub-lessee? If your office is in a popular area, your leasing company may be willing to negotiate with you.
- What kind of floor plan will work for your team’s needs? Does your team need areas to collaborate or do they prefer the privacy of offices? Many locations offer open floor plans to encourage collaboration. You may want a mix of office and open areas to meet differing needs. If your current facility doesn’t measure up to what you think you need, it may be time to move.
- Do you need virtual collaboration capabilities? Virtual meetings are likely not going anywhere any time soon. It’s helpful to have an area that will support virtual collaborations. Consider if your current office can keep up with a hybrid workplace.
Depend on Professional Office Movers in New Orleans
Once you decide to relocate your office, contact the team at The Quality Group. Our project managers will work with you to ascertain the best options and floor plans for your new location. We handle the move from beginning to end and can also address the decommissioning of your old office. We have the experience you need to rest easier and leave the hard work to us.
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our office movers in New Orleans. Contact us online or stop by our office to get a free quote.
Over the past few years, businesses had to make decisions on how many people to keep in the office or to send home. Remote working is more popular than ever before, and that leaves many companies reevaluating their current physical office space. Choosing to move locations is an enormous undertaking requiring a well thought out strategy and the help of professional office movers. One consideration of any relocation is what to do with the furniture and other items left at the old location. Many commercial leases stipulate offices need to be vacated in certain specific conditions. If they’re unfulfilled, you may lose out on deposits or incur steep fines. Moving companies that provide decommissioning services makes the process much simpler.
Benefits of Hiring Decommissioning Services
Working with a company that offers to decommission your old location properly ensures you meet all your lease requirements. It will also save you headaches from trying to keep up with all aspects of the move. Here are additional benefits of hiring a decommissioning service such as The Quality Group:
- Saves time: You have a business to run and a team to lead. It would be best if you could keep that focus. Having experts handle the moving and decommissioning process frees up time for you to keep things rolling smoothly in the office. They can help you liquidate existing furniture, cubicles, and office equipment so you don’t have to.
- Reduce carbon footprint: Instead of tossing old but usable furniture into a landfill, your furniture, equipment, and appliances can be sold, repurposed, refurbished, or recycled. Your company can stand by its pledge to be greener.
- Save money: You will lose money if you leave your previous location in a mess. Decommissioning services do the hard work to ensure you meet your end of the lease deal. Some will assist with finding buyers for old furniture, so you can get money back or tax benefits if the items are donated.
Choose an Experienced Commercial Mover for Your Decommissioning Project
You don’t have to struggle to complete the move and properly decommission the old location. Choose the experts at The Quality Group for all your moving and decommissioning needs. Our decommissioning services include:
- Breaking down and removing furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- Removing confidential information from electronics and furniture
- Removing all data and voice cabling
- Cleaning all areas
- Repairing damaged areas
- Canceling vendor services
Not only will we handle your move out of the previous location, but we can easily handle all your new office relocation needs too. We offer project management services to so you are free to grow your business. Look to us to pack up your office, move all furniture and equipment, and get you set up quickly.
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our decommissioning services. Contact us online or stop by one of our offices in Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, LA, to get a free quote.
Whether you are moving your office or purchasing new furniture, one aspect to consider is the installation. Office furniture requires an expert hand to ensure it is put together correctly and with little-to-no damage. Sure, you can spend a day putting together two desks, but you may want to take a different tactic when you have 20, and little time to dedicate to the project. When you choose The Quality Group for your commercial furniture installation in Jackson, MS, you can rest assured that we will handle everything efficiently.
How a Commercial Furniture Installer Makes the Difference
Many businesses don’t realize how beneficial a commercial furniture installer can be. Often, they have the misconception that cubicles can be slapped together and employees can return to work in no time. That’s not always the case. Office furniture fits together precisely as units; it takes some planning when you have many units. Professional installers can get things together and ready for your team quickly. If you are considering hiring an expert, consider these benefits as you get ready to make your call:
- Professionalism at all times: They are experts at what they do. They understand the details of each task, ensuring everything is ready to go. Also, they work on many different furniture brands, know the warranties, and have all tools ready.
- Stick to the plan: Commercial installers will work the layout plan, including knowing the specific order of assembly and placement. They can handle the requirements of the wiring included in some pieces, and overcome slight mismatches that cause more significant issues. This attention to the project reduces movement and thus, prevents damage to the furniture.
- Handle the delivery of manufacturer’s furniture: They can take care of the delivery of your furniture, checking the condition and ensuring order fulfillment.
- Efficient installation of pieces: They understand the assembly of many different manufacturers’ furniture and the precision required. They know the techniques for efficient assembly and have the necessary toolkits to make it happen.
- Maintenance after installation: Commercial installers will return for regular maintenance to ensure all is well and avoid more extensive problems later. Some warranties require this.
- Save you money: Since office furniture often requires precise tools and techniques, professionals have the needed training. They can assemble things in little time compared to someone unfamiliar with the furniture. Also, you don’t have to worry about purchasing tools you will only use once or learning the techniques that make assembly smoother.
Rest Easy – Choose Quality Commercial Furniture Installers
You don’t have to throw your hands up in despair at assembling and installing new office furniture. Trust The Quality Group to handle all aspects of your commercial furniture installation. We have the training and skill needed to pull things together fast for you. Contact us today for more information.
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our commercial furniture installation services in Mississippi and Louisiana. Contact us online or stop by one of our offices in Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, LA, to get a free quote.
Expanding businesses need the necessary space to ensure they can continue to serve their existing customers and gain new ones. Other companies find that they need to downsize because some employees are working from home. Whatever your reason for moving, finding the perfect office complex or building requires patience and several considerations. One is hiring expert Lafayette, LA, office movers to ensure your relocation is smooth and stress-free.
7 Tips to Finding the Right Office Space
You can make the best decision on your next office space when you utilize these 7 tips:
- Determine how much space you need: Before you can make a move, you need to know the new office will be the right size to fit your needs. It involves more than assessing how many employees you have now, and includes near future expansion as well as any new office furniture. There are calculators on the Internet to help you get a baseline, or a real estate leasing broker can also help.
- Consider how a new area will affect your employees: You depend on your team to serve your customers. If a potential new location is inconvenient, it may be harder to retain your talent. It can be very beneficial to consult with your employees about how an office move will affect them. The feedback can be invaluable in your search.
- Ponder the effects on your customers: Any prospective location needs to be convenient for your customers. For example, if they are used to free on-site parking, they may not want to drive downtown in a crowded city and pay to park at a parking garage.
- Consider subleasing options: If you have concerns that being tied to a 3-5 year lease will hinder additional growth, consider looking for subleasing options. These may provide some flexibility as your company expands.
- Work with a broker: Finding the perfect location that fits most of your needs, if not all, takes work. A commercial real estate broker understands the market, can find sites to visit, and can negotiate leasing terms on your behalf. They can save you time, money, and headaches.
- Let your attorney review the lease paperwork: When you decide on a location and start the lease process, be sure to seek out your attorney’s services. They can check all the lease terms and offer points of concern.
- Hire expert office movers: No relocation would be complete without utilizing the services of professional office movers. They can handle all aspects of the move, including furniture positioning at the new office to use space effectively.
Trustworthy Lafayette, LA Office Movers Make Transitions Easy
Leave the hard work to the professional office movers at The Quality Group. We strive to ensure you have the least stress possible with our various moving services. Look to us to do more than haul furniture. We can look at your new location, create a layout to maximize space, pack up your old office, and set up the new one with limited disruption to your business. Contact us today for more information.
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our office moving services in Lafayette, LA. Contact us online or stop by one of our offices in Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, LA, to get a free quote.
Relocating your business is a significant undertaking. You have to find the right place and let employees and customers know. Not to mention the myriad of other tasks that need to be done before you can enjoy your new location. Keeping up with this massive project while doing your job is a lot easier when you enlist the services of The Quality Group. Our Baton Rouge office relocation services make things simple for you.
We carefully plan your move and can assist with reconfiguring your new space for optimal efficiency. You enjoy a single point of contact to ensure you know what is happening every step of the way.
6 Items to Make Your Office Relocation Seamless
Listing all the bits and pieces that need to be accomplished before your move can be overwhelming. Here is a helpful checklist to make your office relocation virtually seamless:
- Look for a new office: Whether you do this yourself or hire a realtor, you need to find a new location that fits your business needs. For example, your customers may require easy access to the street. Your employees will want a site that is still accessible to get to with available parking.
- Consider all your leasing options: Each landlord will have different leasing options. You will want to consider all of them. Look at timelines and requirements. Considering the company’s future needs will also help you determine if the lease requirements will fit your plans.
- Work out a moving budget: Moving costs money, so you need a budget covering all the moving expenses. Costs include hiring a moving company, moving supplies, and short-term storage if required.
- Give employees a heads-up: It’s not advisable to spring the move on your employees the week before it happens. Give them time to adjust to the changes and how it affects them.
- Coordinate the moving of all technical equipment: Talk with your IT department about moving computers and servers. They can plan what to move, what can be donated or given away, and what to transfer over.
- Hire a reliable office relocation company: Save yourself headaches by hiring a relocation company like The Quality Group. We eat, breathe, and sleep office moving. We can pack up your office, move it, and reassemble it, taking the burden off you.
Reliable Office Relocation Services for Peace of Mind
Move your office with ease when you hire The Quality Group. We offer a single point of contact for effective communication of all aspects of your project. Look to us for professional relocation planning with on-site consultations, floorplans designed for the best ergonomics and workflow, and experienced movers for every move. Our goal is to give you a stress-free move while minimizing downtime for your team. Contact us today to learn more.
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our office relocation services. Contact us online or stop by one of our offices in Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, LA, to get a free quote.
Building a new or refurbishing an old hotel takes time and strategic planning to ensure everything is accomplished on time. You have many different parties involved. If you step back for a minute, the buzz going on with the contractors, subcontractors, and project managers will remind you of a bee hive. Except that bees have an excellent way of communicating among the swarm. Each one knows their place and what their function is. The Quality Group’s team of hotel furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) installers knows their role within the project and understands the importance of communication.
When you need to know that your newly painted walls will not be scuffed, hire The Quality Group. Our highly trained team is skilled in maneuvering hotel furniture components in tight spots. We take great care to leave your place in better shape than when we arrived.
An Overview of Hotel FF&E Installer Functions
If you have never hired a crew of hotel FF&E installers, you may not realize the benefits they bring. In general, you can expect our team to do the following:
- Careful delivery: We will deliver your furniture to your location. Let us do all the heavy lifting and moving of mattresses, bed frames, dressers, and more in your new hallways and elevators. Make no mistake, though. We know how to move nimbly around corners. Our goal is to leave no trace behind of a hectic move.
- Efficient assembly: Our group of professionals is highly trained to assemble the most popular furniture brands. We will efficiently unpack, put together the pieces, and pick up after ourselves.
- Proper documentation: With so many different pieces coming into your facility, you need to know you have everything. The Quality Group understands that documentation is vital; therefore, we keep excellent records for you.
- Effective FF&E placement: Hotel rooms with an average of 325 square feet are not large. We can handle the given dimensions with ease. Because of the limited square footage, strategic placement is vital.
- Continuous communication: You need to know what is happening at your hotel. You don’t have to worry when we’re on the job. We get it, and work continuously to communicate project happenings.
Rest Easy with Hotel FF&E from a Preferred Commercial Mover
Make your new build or renovation easier on your nerves when you work with the professionals at The Quality Group. You can expect a team that understands your needs and works seamlessly to accomplish the job. We have fully trained and screened movers, installers, and supervisors ready to aid you. Trust that we will take special care to reduce staff and guest disruptions and install your furniture, fixtures, and equipment. We also offer project management to take more of your burden away. Learn more when you contact us today.
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our hotel furniture, fixtures, and equipment installation services. Contact us online or stop by one of our offices in Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, LA, to get a free quote.
Laboratories provide researchers and medical professionals the space needed for investigating germs, viruses, cures for cancer, and many other critical scientific research functions. As the world of science continues to broaden its horizons, more and more labs will need additional space to conduct their research. Decommissioning one lab and moving to a larger one requires a lot of planning and care. Nobody wants to lose years of research due to poor planning!
You don’t have to skip a beat in your research plans when you hire the experts at The Quality Group for your next laboratory moving event. Our staff dedicates their professional lives to ensuring our clients get the best service possible.
Keep these Considerations in Mind before Moving Your Laboratory
It might be exciting but also a bit nerve-wracking to relocate your lab. The difference is in how you prepare for the move. When planning, keep these considerations in mind:
- Focus on the Details: Nothing can be left unchecked. This is years, possibly decades, of research at stake. It’s irreplaceable. Your best bet in making this transition as smooth as possible is to hire a professional laboratory moving company like The Quality Group.
- Depend on a Project Manager: When your expertise is in research, why spend precious time managing move? A project manager can handle the relocation’s planning, preparation, and logistics so you and your team can continue to focus on your research activities.
- Understand the Challenges: You need to understand the new environment in which your lab is moving. What will be shared equipment? Will there be proper mechanical, electrical, and plumbing infrastructures in place? How do you know your specimens will be handled correctly?
Simple Suggestions to Ease the Transition
Knowing what you are up against with your new location is a significant factor in a successful move. Here are four tips to help you with this transition:
- Determine Your Internal Team: Decide who will be involved with the move. Yes, everyone is affected, but assigning certain team members specific tasks can be integral to a successful move.
- Identify a Backup Freezer: Some laboratories have specimens that must be kept in cold storage. If something goes awry during the move, having a backup freezer will save you time and reduce the stress of losing valuable assets.
- Hire a Qualified Company to Move Sensitive Equipment: Not everyone is qualified to move sensitive lab equipment. Don’t risk losing thousands of dollars and countless hours because you hired amateurs or a general handyman service.
- Chain of Command Matters: It’s common to have a chain-of-command system in place for everyday activities. It’s even more vital during a move, including having an escort.
Rely on an Experienced Laboratory Moving Company
Choose The Quality Team for your next medical, pharmaceutical, or research laboratory move. We have the experience to handle your unique moving needs. Experience outstanding service from the first contact and leave the rest of your move to us. Don’t leave years of research to chance.
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our laboratory moving service. Contact us online or stop by one of our offices in Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, LA, to get a free quote.