Relocating an office requires planning and forethought. It can be exciting and stressful at the same time. Packing all the knickknacks on desks is the easy part. There are still chairs, files, desks, computers, and plenty of electrical devices that need attending to. Businesses depend on technology to accomplish their everyday duties. Computers, printers, and copiers are important equipment need to handle the daily tasks of running the company. Because of their importance, great care should be taken to ensure your electronics arrive safely. The professional commercial movers in Baton Rouge at The Quality Group can help you with that by packing up your delicate pieces of equipment, transporting them, and unpacking them.
Suggestions for Packing Your Office Equipment
If you choose to pack up your computers, copiers, and other electronics, utilize these suggestions to reduce potential damage:
- Review the owner’s manual. Remember that handy little book you probably didn’t read? It is full of helpful information for safe storage and packing. It will give guidelines about moisture, outside temperature, and exposure to sunlight.
- Back up data. Before powering down your computer in preparation for the move, it makes sense to back up all data to the cloud or on an external hard drive. If the equipment gets damaged, you can still access vital data.
- Remove batteries and ink cartridges. Batteries can overheat, corrode, or leak during a relocation. It’s a good idea to pull out all batteries and put them in a safe place until you unpack. It’s also important to remove ink cartridges from printers to keep them from potential damage.
- Color code unplugged cables. Even if the designated individual on your team has an excellent memory, it can be frustrating trying to hook computers back up after the move. Using color coding can ease this frustration.
- Grab the vacuum. Keep dust from getting trapped in crevices during the move by vacuuming keyboards and fan vents.
- Wrap things up. After all this prep work, grab bubble wrap or towels to wrap up your electronics. It’s a good idea to cover vents and fans with a piece of paper. This will prevent loose particles from infiltrating the openings.
- Pack up the electronics. Ideally, you will want to pack your equipment in its original boxes. If those are unavailable, use sturdy boxes and pack things tightly to prevent shifting.
Commercial Movers Make Transporting Electronics Simple
Take the stress out of your office move when you enlist the services of The Quality Group. Our team of professionals has the experience and knowledge needed to come in, pack up everything, move it, and unpack it safely. We can even plan and manage your move from Day One to Day Done. Give us a call today!
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to book our commercial movers in Baton Rouge. You can also contact us online or stop by our office to get a free quote.