Are you thinking about moving your office in New Orleans and considering a DIY approach? While it may seem like a good idea at first to save cost, moving big items like office furniture requires more than just brute force. Although your employees might be willing to help, it might not be the best way to save money. Amateur movers are prone to accidents, injury, and property damage that may leave your company liable for medical bills, building repairs, and damaged equipment. The recommended option is hiring experienced professionals for moving your office furniture in New Orleans.
How to Prepare Your Furniture for an Office Relocation
Moving furniture will be one of the “heaviest” challenges you’ll encounter when relocating your office. The larger and heavier items will most likely require disassembly to fit through tight doorways and into the moving van. But don’t worry! Our team of furniture movers in New Orleans have the experience to handle this task with ease. When you hire the pros, you don’t have to worry about finding yellowed pages of assembly instructions, taking measurements, or storing fasteners in labeled bags. Instead, you can sit back and relax while your furniture is disassembled, transported, and rebuilt at its new location.
To ensure that your relocation goes smoothly, it’s a good idea to be prepared when the movers show up. Here are some tips for preparing your furniture for moving day.
- Organize your filing cabinets: When hiring a professional, you can move filing cabinets without removing their contents. Take the time to update your files and label the cabinets in sequence. This way, you can ensure they arrive at their new location in the correct order.
- Remove and pack all items on bookshelves and desks: To ensure that your furniture can be moved swiftly, make sure that it is empty when the movers arrive.
- Tip: If you’re hiring The Quality Group to complete your office relocation, you can skip this step! Our expert movers will securely pack and load all your belongings into boxes for you. We even bring our own supplies!
- Decide which items you want at your new location: The best part about changing locations is having a fresh start. If you have old and worn furniture, ask your movers if they offer disposal or recycling services.
- Tip: The Quality Group can recycle or dispose of anything from your old office. Including furniture, electronics, computers, files, and decoration.
Big Move Coming Up? New Orleans Office Movers are Here to Help!
Moving your office doesn’t have to be costly. In fact, by hiring the professionals at The Quality Group, you can save money in the long run. Our office furniture moving service in New Orleans is a fast and reliable way to ensure your move is seamless. Our professional movers are equipped to disassemble, move, and rebuild furniture of all shapes and sizes. When you work with us, your relocation will be swift and your office will reopen on schedule.
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our office furniture moving services in New Orleans. Contact us online for a free quote or stop by one of our offices in New Orleans, Jackson, MS, or Baton Rouge, LA.