Over the past few years, businesses had to make decisions on how many people to keep in the office or to send home. Remote working is more popular than ever before, and that leaves many companies reevaluating their current physical office space. Choosing to move locations is an enormous undertaking requiring a well thought out strategy and the help of professional office movers. One consideration of any relocation is what to do with the furniture and other items left at the old location. Many commercial leases stipulate offices need to be vacated in certain specific conditions. If they’re unfulfilled, you may lose out on deposits or incur steep fines. Moving companies that provide decommissioning services makes the process much simpler.
Benefits of Hiring Decommissioning Services
Working with a company that offers to decommission your old location properly ensures you meet all your lease requirements. It will also save you headaches from trying to keep up with all aspects of the move. Here are additional benefits of hiring a decommissioning service such as The Quality Group:
- Saves time: You have a business to run and a team to lead. It would be best if you could keep that focus. Having experts handle the moving and decommissioning process frees up time for you to keep things rolling smoothly in the office. They can help you liquidate existing furniture, cubicles, and office equipment so you don’t have to.
- Reduce carbon footprint: Instead of tossing old but usable furniture into a landfill, your furniture, equipment, and appliances can be sold, repurposed, refurbished, or recycled. Your company can stand by its pledge to be greener.
- Save money: You will lose money if you leave your previous location in a mess. Decommissioning services do the hard work to ensure you meet your end of the lease deal. Some will assist with finding buyers for old furniture, so you can get money back or tax benefits if the items are donated.
Choose an Experienced Commercial Mover for Your Decommissioning Project
You don’t have to struggle to complete the move and properly decommission the old location. Choose the experts at The Quality Group for all your moving and decommissioning needs. Our decommissioning services include:
- Breaking down and removing furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- Removing confidential information from electronics and furniture
- Removing all data and voice cabling
- Cleaning all areas
- Repairing damaged areas
- Canceling vendor services
Not only will we handle your move out of the previous location, but we can easily handle all your new office relocation needs too. We offer project management services to so you are free to grow your business. Look to us to pack up your office, move all furniture and equipment, and get you set up quickly.
Call The Quality Group at 833-756-0103 to learn more about our decommissioning services. Contact us online or stop by one of our offices in Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and Baton Rouge, LA, to get a free quote.