When it comes time to relocate your organization, you need a Baton Rouge office moving company that understands the unique needs of your company. From moving equipment to notifying vendors of your new address, there are hundreds of details to work out.
Fortunately, The Quality Group can handle the logistics and execution of the entire move. Our office moving services include the following:
- Project management
- Office furniture teardown and setup
- Equipment breakdown and set up, including coordination with vendors and internal IT teams
- Office layout and design
- Storage, disposition or donation of furniture and other items
Commercial moving feels just like moving your household, if you have a family of 200 with thousands or millions of dollars’ worth of sensitive equipment and complicated furniture!
But jokes aside, here’s a checklist to get you organized. Of course, you should put contacting the top Baton Rouge office moving company at the top of your list.
Office Moving Checklist
Here is a list of tasks to complete before the move:
- Ensure that electricity will be available on moving day. The crew will need elevator access and may need electricity for other reasons.
- Complete any renovations to the new space well in advance of moving day.
- Coordinate with the landlord or building manager to ensure that our moving team follows any applicable rules and time limits. (Your project manager from The Quality Group can also handle these details.)
- Complete an office layout so that you can plan for an increase or decrease in square footage. This can help you determine what to keep and what to store, donate or discard. At The Quality Group, we also provide office design and layout services if you need some help.
Getting the Word Out
It’s important to let your staff, customers, vendors, and other interested parties know about your relocation. Remember to give official notice to your property manager and provide moving dates and instructions to help staff members prepare for the change of address.
Once you’ve confirmed your moving date, it’s important to let internal and external parties know about your upcoming relocation. Different departments require different briefings. For example, your sales and marketing teams may just have to pack up their desk and label their equipment. However, your IT team will probably serve an integral part in reconnecting and testing electronic equipment at the new location.
Notify all suppliers, affiliates and local vendors of the change, even if they won’t be impacted.
Other people who require notification include the following:
- Clients and partners
- Banks and lenders
- Any food service and bottled water companies
- Utilities and telephone company
- Internet service provider
- Equipment vendors
- Insurance companies
This is not a complete list but it provides a great starting point, and you can add to it during the planning phase.
Preparing for the Move
Brainstorm with your Baton Rouge office moving company to ensure that you don’t forget any details.
Here’s a short checklist to help you prepare for the move:
- Get a detailed floor plan and work with our office planning experts to layout the new space.
- Create an inventory of office furniture you wish to move, discard, store, or donate. In addition to furniture installation services, The Quality Group has an extensive warehouse to store your items. We also work with local charities in need of office furniture.
- Shop for any new furniture you may need.
- Order new business cards, stationary, and other items with the new address printed on them.
- Color code boxes and equipment by department to make the moving process go faster.
- Publish a detailed moving program for staff members that includes the new office layout.
Making Your Office Move in Baton Rouge
There are several things you can do to make moving day go quickly and smoothly.
- Create a moving packet for each employee that helps them pack and unpack office supplies and other items.
- Turn on the heat or air conditioning at the new location during the move.
- Ensure that all phones, equipment, and computers are moved and positioned first.
- Make a list of utilities and other services you’ll need set up prior to moving day.
- To ensure safety, display your fire safety rules and fire evacuation plan in visible areas throughout both locations – old and new.
- Keep a first aid kit on hand for any minor cuts and scrapes during the move.
Contact the Quality Group’s Baton Rouge office for more tips on how to prepare for and execute a flawless moving day. When you need a Baton Rouge office moving company, call us at 833-756-0103 to get started today. We also have offices in New Orleans and Jackson, MS.