The key to a stress-free, successful office move? Planning. By setting a moving budget, you can control how much you spend, instead of helplessly watching the costs add up. Budgeting for your office move will save you money and headaches, both now and later. Follow this guide to start planning your office moving budget.
1. Consider Potential Costs When mapping out your budget, there are a lot of factors to consider. Your business is unique and so are your budget concerns, but you can use this list to account for many common moving costs. Make sure your moving budget covers:
- Office Rent
- Building Insurance
- Office Moving Company Fees
- Security Deposit
- Legal Fees
- Repairs to existing office
- Office Design and Build out
- IT infrastructure and Business Phone Systems
- New Office Furniture
- Updated Marketing Material and Stationery
2. Plan for Everything An office move is a fluid process. When you’re dealing with people, facilities and transportation, anything can happen. Planning for every scenario, like lost office supplies or a moving truck delay, will help you stick to your commercial moving budget.
3. Add an Emergency Cushion Even with the best laid plans, you can’t possibly predict everything. But you can prepare for it. Build a comfortable cushion into your moving budget to account for unexpected costs. If there’s an emergency and you have to open your office a few days later than expected, your company will be covered and you can breathe easier knowing that you’re not busting your moving budget.
Work with The Quality Group
At The Quality Group, we’re your commercial relocation specialists. Founded in 1987 in New Orleans, LA, The Quality group serves the gulf states with comprehensive commercial moving services from move planning to furniture installation. No other company puts in the time or preparation that we do to make your move stress and hassle-free.